The key element in any hydropower project is gathering accurate, adequate and complex data at the level corresponding to the relevant investment decision. An often-repeated mistake is establishing the development process on weak data due to their - assumed - higher cost, then realizing it is impossible to finalize the development of the project without accurate data. This usually creates large delays and unreasonable increased costs. Due to the high capital costs of most hydropower projects and their debt financing, it is crucial to gather real data and evaluate the project correctly from its beginning.
The widely assumed opinion that costly research and analyses cannot be applied in small hydro is quite wrong. Firstly, most hydropower projects, even small ones, simply cannot be constructed and have a long lifetime, good quality and future value without such inputs. To ignore this rule is usually much more costly than the correct project preparation originally would be.
Secondly, the Hydropol Group enables its clients to use the most modern research, analyses and planning methods also for small hydro and at reasonable price. This is enabled by our long-term experience in hydropower research and planning, effective and efficient internal management and advanced software tools. Below are just a few examples of services we provide to our clients:
- certified geodesic survey, mapping and digitizing
- geological survey / foundation analyses and design
- hydraulic calculations of water hammer phenomena (AFT Impuls 4.0)
- hydraulic calculations of permanent non-uniform flow 1D and 2D (HEC-RAS, AQUAVEO SIYS)
- finite method element static calculations (SCIA Engineer)
- design and dimensioning of steel structures (solid works)
- hydraulic structures capacity expansion
- CFD analyses of water schemes and turbine design
- 3D projections and modelling
- capacity and generation calculations
- financial forecasts and modelling